Why choose me?
Why should you entrust your manuscript to me?
- I’m a writer and editor who loves words and loves helping other writers make their manuscripts the best they can be — taking manuscripts from Flubs to Fixes!
- In college, I majored in English, which gave me a solid grounding in language and its use.
- I work hard at honing my editing skills through courses and webinars. I have attained the Poynter/ACES Certificate in Copy Editing, which entailed working through an in-depth course in the different aspects of copy editing. You can view my qualifications here.
- Since I am a writer as well as an editor, I understand how it feels to entrust your manuscript to someone else for feedback of any sort, and so I am sensitive and encouraging while also being as helpful as possible.
- I have a passion for connecting people with the right resources, whether that resource is a book, a website, or a blog post. I often suggest resources to clients during the editing or consulting process.
I bring all this — plus a commitment to language, literature, and great writing — to my work as an editor.
- need fresh eyes and a fresh perspective on your manuscript, knowing it needs some illusive “something,” but you’re not sure what that something is?
Or are you…
- ready to submit your manuscript to an agent or publisher, or ready to take the next step in independently publishing your writing, but need someone who has a keen eye for grammar, spelling, punctuation and all the mechanical elements that are crucial to a professional-looking manuscript?
I’m here, and through developmental editing or copy editing, I can help you make your manuscript SHINE!
In the sections in this dropdown menu, you’ll learn more about me, and will see my qualifications as a freelance copy editor. I hope this will help you decide you want to work with me. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!